4. Implementation strategyNext
Support the quality, diversity and productivity of social, ecological and economic systems in the Bowen Hills PDA.
- Infrastructure Delivery – facilitate the delivery of community facilities identified in the DCOP that will provide spaces for residents and visitors to meet, access services and participate in social and cultural activities.
- Infrastructure Delivery – facilitate the delivery of infrastructure identified in the DCOP that will support future private sector investment in property development and business enterprise.
- Service delivery – maintain working relationships with service providers to identify and, where possible, support the delivery of projects and programs that cater to community needs.
- Electric vehicles – development provides parking spaces and facilities to support the charging of electric vehicles. This can include providing wiring dedicated AC circuits to parking spaces during construction and terminating with a standard General Purpose Outlet which can be readily replaced with a dedicated electric vehicle charger at a later date.
- Expenditure – EDQ to utilise funds collected from the uplift of land value component on projects within the PDA that support ecological sustainability.
- Information – establishment of a close working relationship with tertiary institutions and private industry to identify projects demonstrating ecological sustainable outcomes to be instituted in the PDA.
- Information – documentation and promotion of examples of ecological sustainability developed within the PDA.
- Information – preparation of additional guidelines to promote and facilitate incorporation of ecological sustainable principles in projects within the PDA.
- Sustainable buildings – compliance with the Star rating (or equivalent rating system) criteria will generally be demonstrated by a Design certified rating to be provided at the time of assessment and an As Built certified rating to be provided upon completion as a condition of development.