3. Infrastructure planNext
3.3 Infrastructure categories
The infrastructure planned to be delivered within the PDA will fall into one of the following categories:
- trunk infrastructure
- non-trunk infrastructure
- other infrastructure.
Table 3 includes infrastructure which is trunk infrastructure, non-trunk infrastructure and other infrastructure. As such, the inclusion of infrastructure in table 3 does not make it eligible for an infrastructure charges offset. To determine if infrastructure is eligible for an offset, refer to the Development Charges and Offset Plan (DCOP).
Trunk infrastructure is the high order shared infrastructure that is planned to service the wider catchments in the PDA, rather than individual development sites. Trunk infrastructure may be delivered by the relevant infrastructure provider such as Brisbane City Council, Queensland Urban Utilities (QUU) or EDQ, or by developers if required by a condition of a PDA development approval.
Non-trunk infrastructure is the lower order infrastructure which generally services a single development site, is internal to a development site, or connects the development site to trunk infrastructure.
Non-trunk infrastructure will be provided by the applicant, in accordance with the relevant responsible entity’s requirements and as specified in a condition of a PDA development approval. Non-trunk infrastructure will not be eligible for a charges offset.
Other infrastructure includes infrastructure which is not part of Brisbane City Council or QUU's infrastructure networks. Other infrastructure may include necessary development infrastructure or provision for upgrades to the electricity, gas, telecommunications or state transport networks.
Other infrastructure may be delivered by the local or state government, other infrastructure providers or by developers who may be required to deliver or preserve the ability to provide this infrastructure by a condition of a PDA development approval.
Table 3: Infrastructure catalogue for the Bowen Hills PDA
- Abbotsford Road – widening and street improvements and active transport improvements
- Brookes Street – street improvements and active transport improvements
- Brooks Street, Hamilton Place and O’Connell Terrace – intersection works
- Burrows Street – street improvements and active transport improvements
- Campbell Street – street improvements
- Campbell Street and Hazelmount Street – intersection works
- Campbell Street and Hurworth Street – intersection works
- Carriage Way – street improvement
- Edgar Street – Edgar Street extended through to Mayne Road
- Edmonstone Road – street improvements and active transport improvements
- Exhibition Street – street improvements
- Hamilton Place – street improvements and active transport improvements
- Hazelmount Street – street improvements and extension of street to Hudd Street
- Tufton Street – street improvements and active transport infrastructure
- New Street – new street linking Hudd Street and Mayne Road through to O'Connell Terrace, via Tufton Street
- Hudd Street – street improvements
- Hudd Street bridge – vehicle and pedestrian bridge spanning the railway corridor
- Machinery Street – new street
- Mayne Road – street improvements and active transport improvements
- Mayne Road and Edgar Street – intersection works
- O'Connell Terrace – street improvements and active transport improvements
- Thompson Street – street improvements and active transport improvements
- Thompson Street and Murray Street – intersection works
- Thompson Street and Edmonstone Road – intersection works
- Gregory Terrace and Brooks Street – intersection works
- St Pauls Terrace and Constance Street – intersection works
- King Street and St Pauls Terrace – intersection works
- Costin Street and Gregory Terrace – intersection works
- Costin Street – street improvements
- Gregory Terrace – street improvements
- St Pauls Terrace – street improvements.
- widening of railway corridors
- upgrades to the Bowen Hills Railway Station including improved platform access, potential corridor widening and pedestrian concourse delivering safe and improved access to the Bowen Hills Railway Station between Hudd Street and Abbotsford Road
- upgrades to the Exhibition Railway Station and associated railway corridor delivered as part of the Cross River Rail project
- a new rail and bus interchange to service the Exhibition Railway Station
- a new rail and bus interchange on Abbotsford Road to service the Bowen Hills Railway Station.
- Jeays Street Park improvements
- Perry Park improvements
- Hurworth Street Park improvements
- Alexandria Street Park improvements
- a new park on Mayne Road.
- streetscape improvements on Hudd Street
- streetscape improvements on Mayne Road
- streetscape treatments on O'Connell Terrace
- landscape and pavement treatments on Gregory Terrace.
- a branch library
- a pedestrian concourse adjacent to the railway corridor near the Bowen Hills Railway Station
- a multi-purpose community hub.
- internal water supply reticulation
- main at Campbell Street
- main at Montpelier Road
- main at Jordan Terrace
- main at Herston Road
- main at Gregory Terrace.
- Bowen Hills by-pass – main to by-pass upstream flows to the S1 tunnel
- gravity main at Brookes Street
- gravity main at St Pauls Terrace between Brookes Street and King Street
- gravity main at Markwell Street
- local trunk sewer to connect to the Best Street odour facility and S1 tunnel (Markwell Street catchment)
- gravity main at Water Street
- gravity main at Thompson Street.